1. Once you have completed an application, you MUST add the college to your "Colleges I'm Applying To" list in Naviance, mark it submitted, and then GO SEE YOUR COUNSELOR. This is extremely important, as we will not send transcripts and other forms without you coming to see us so that we know you fully completed the application.
2. If your application requires letters of recommendation, you must go see the teacher(s) in person first that you plan to ask to write a letter of recommendation for you, and then send the electronic request through Naviance for them to upload it. This can also be done from the "Colleges I'm Applying To" page by clicking on the "Letters of Recommendation" hyperlink towards the bottom of the page.
3. If you have not yet turned in your "Counselor Letter of Recommendation" form to your counselor, do so ASAP! Your counselor must write a letter of recommendation for you to send with your transcripts, so any delay in getting that form to your counselor can result in a delay in sending off your required information.
4. Counselors are extremely busy during this time of year completing college application required forms and letters of recommendation. Remember, we have to write one for each student applying to college, so be courteous and provide us with the notification that you have completed the college application and with the Counselor Letter of Recommendation form at least one week prior to the due date for the college application.
5. PLEASE NOTE: ANY REQUESTS FOR TRANSCRIPTS/LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION FOR APPLICATIONS DUE JANUARY 1st MUST BE RECEIVED BY YOUR COUNSELOR NO LATER THAN MONDAY, DECEMBER 11th in order to ensure delivery by the January 1st deadline due to the holiday break. Remember, you must personally see your counselor with the completed information by that date. Requests after this date may not be able to be completed by the January 1st deadline.
As always, please see your counselor with any questions!! We understand that the process can be confusing and complicated, so we welcome the opportunity to meet with you one on one to discuss your college applications and what is needed! Don't wait!!
The Maryland College Application Campaign (MCAC) is coming the week of October 23 - 27! Your guidance department has been working hard to arrange a lot of events to help you with your upcoming college applications!
CLICK HERE for more information on the events WiHi has planned.
If you have any questions about the forms or anything senior related, please see your guidance counselor!
We have 20 college visits already set up for the fall! Check out the list here!
If you are interested in attending one of the college visits - please check and make sure you meet any GPA requirements. Then you may sign up through Naviance.
If you have any questions - please see your guidance counselor.
Welcome to all of our Freshmen and welcome back to all upperclassmen! One of the first questions we get on day one is "how can I change my schedule!?"
To make it easy on you, the process is entirely online and can be done through your phone, a computer, laptops set up during your lunch shift, or computers in the media center.
Before you get started, you MUST check to see if you are eligible for a schedule change! To do that, follow the chart below...
Was the answer YES? If so... keep reading!
Now that you know you are eligible for a schedule change, you can fill out an online form to schedule an appointment to meet with your guidance counselor. Guidance will call students down in the order the requests are received. Due to the high volume of requests - it may not be the same day! Please be patient, we will get to you!
This link: http://tinyurl.com/2017WiHiScheduleChange will get you signed up to meet with your guidance counselor!
Please understand that schedules are set and you may not be able to receive a schedule change. Classes are chosen based on requests made in the previous school year. Any substitutions that have been made are due to conflicts with preferred classes. Your counselor will notify you of schedule change approval/denial.
Schedule change requests must be made by Wednesday, September 13, 2017. No exceptions! The form can be completed on your personal cell phone or home computer, on laptops in the cafeteria during lunch, or on the media center computers. Any requests to be removed from an AP course must have a parent note and will require approval from Mr. Brady!
So, that's it! If you have any questions about this procedure you may stop into the guidance office and speak to Ms. Wertz, the guidance secretary, before school, at lunch, or after school. However, official requests will only be accepted electronically!
Again, welcome back to WiHi! We look forward to having an awesome 2017-18 school year!