1. Once you have completed an application, you MUST add the college to your "Colleges I'm Applying To" list in Naviance, mark it submitted, and then GO SEE YOUR COUNSELOR. This is extremely important, as we will not send transcripts and other forms without you coming to see us so that we know you fully completed the application.
2. If your application requires letters of recommendation, you must go see the teacher(s) in person first that you plan to ask to write a letter of recommendation for you, and then send the electronic request through Naviance for them to upload it. This can also be done from the "Colleges I'm Applying To" page by clicking on the "Letters of Recommendation" hyperlink towards the bottom of the page.
3. If you have not yet turned in your "Counselor Letter of Recommendation" form to your counselor, do so ASAP! Your counselor must write a letter of recommendation for you to send with your transcripts, so any delay in getting that form to your counselor can result in a delay in sending off your required information.
4. Counselors are extremely busy during this time of year completing college application required forms and letters of recommendation. Remember, we have to write one for each student applying to college, so be courteous and provide us with the notification that you have completed the college application and with the Counselor Letter of Recommendation form at least one week prior to the due date for the college application.
5. PLEASE NOTE: ANY REQUESTS FOR TRANSCRIPTS/LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION FOR APPLICATIONS DUE JANUARY 1st MUST BE RECEIVED BY YOUR COUNSELOR NO LATER THAN MONDAY, DECEMBER 11th in order to ensure delivery by the January 1st deadline due to the holiday break. Remember, you must personally see your counselor with the completed information by that date. Requests after this date may not be able to be completed by the January 1st deadline.
As always, please see your counselor with any questions!! We understand that the process can be confusing and complicated, so we welcome the opportunity to meet with you one on one to discuss your college applications and what is needed! Don't wait!!